Columbus H-1B Lawyer: Hiring a Worker Presently in H-1B Status (Part 1)

This two-part article addresses the common issues with “porting” from one H-1B employer to another H-1B employer. An H-1B worker in the United States may change employers to work pursuant to H-1B with another employer. This is known as H-1B “portability,” or an H-1B “transfer,” or simply change of employer.

The H-1B Transfer Petition:
An H-1B transfer petition is exactly the same as the original H-1B petition. It involves filing a new LCA, and I-129